This guide will show you how to connect script-triggered local applications, e.g. OpenFOAM, to CAESES/FFW.
In order to use the Software Connector, an executable of the Local Application is necessary. If the local application has to be triggered by a script, follow the steps below:
- Create a text file with the execution command of the desired external application (OpenFOAM) and save as 'adder'.
- Add the script 'adder' to the Input Files in the Software Connector and 'double click' it, so that it is copied into the project and is converted to a Template.
- Click on the computation field in the center of the Software Connector.
- Create a new Local Application using the “green +” symbol.
- Define the Executable: Write down the name of the Template 'adder' which was imported to Input Files.
- Run the Computation by clicking on the run button.
- Check the result in the Task Monitor (on the right side shaded widget) and click the green button in the top left corner to show the finished computations.
Attached is a little example which shows this. In this example the script adds the Argument of the computation (which is defined by the Variable pm1) to a defined Variable in the script (addend).
If you have further questions, please consider to visit also: